Ortho-k Overnight Vision Correction
What is Ortho-k Overnight Vision Correction?
Safe and reversible vision correction therapy without surgery WHILE YOU SLEEP!
It is a specially designed contact lens that reverses the power of the cornea, at the front of the eye during overnight wear. Once the full effect has taken place, the eye is effectively ‘normal’ and can see clearly during the day.
Simply pop your ortho-k lenses in before bedtime, remove them in the morning, and wake up to a day of clear, sharp natural vision. Ortho-k is sometimes called EyeDream.
EyeDream is a vision therapy that brings a modern approach to a technique known as orthokeratology. Ortho-k provides clear, comfortable vision without the need to wear contact lenses during the day. No more restrictions on how long you wear your lenses, no more irritation in dry, smoky environments or at the end of a long day.
Ortho-k is ideal for people suffering from myopia, or short-sightedness who:
- Want clear natural vision all day - every day
- Find soft contact lenses do not fulfil the comfort demands their life-style places on their eyes
- Are involved in recreational and sports activities where periods without wearing contact lenses is ideal
- Have considered refractive surgery because of the freedom it provides, but are worried about the risks
- Controlling myopic progression in children
Ortho-k is fantastic for children, giving them the freedom to enjoy life without limitations. Studies have also shown that ortho-k can slow or even stop the progression of short-sightedness.